SC - copyrights

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 18:30:32 PST 2000

- --part1_f9.47f3404.273f5ac8_boundary

In a message dated 11/11/00 5:33:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> Copyrighted material is copyrighted material and any use of it without the
> express permission of the copyright holder is a violation of the law.

I really hate to disagree with you, Bear, since I respect you tremendously.
However, in this you are in error. Recipes are formula and there fore not
protected by copyright law no matter how much you wish they may be.  Copying
a mass of recipes from the same work is a violation though. But an individual
recipe here or there is not. I would suggest anyone who has a problem with
this contact an actual copyright lawyer (or better yet an attorney connected
with a cookbook publisher) connected with a publishing company instead of
relying on the emotional but inaccurate information that seems to fly through
the list everytime this subject rears its ugly head.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_f9.47f3404.273f5ac8_boundary