SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 13 23:26:47 PST 2000

Brangwayna Morgan replied to me:
> stefan at texas.net writes:
> << And for camping events such as Pennsic where you might be concerned
>  about keeping the dishes clean throughout the event, this could ease
>  this, although the number of trenchers needed might be high. >>
>
> Actually, we tried storing trenchers for Pennsic this year.  They made it
> through the first week before they turned green and fuzzy :O  I think if I
> can get some Dutch oven baking practice in, I might try baking some at
> Pennsic...  We've used them several times for weekend events without a
> problem.

Oops. I had totally forgotten about the spoilage problem and the trenchers
should start out already several days old, so that leave less time. I
guess things might vary at Estrella than at Pennsic on this.

So, what recipe did you use when you made these trenchers and how did
they work out? So far, no one has been able to relate to me whether
they got soggy and were a total mess, whether they soaked up all the
juice and thus left nothing for the food, whether they collapsed in
folks laps or table or just what.

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net