SC - Cool term!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 15:10:14 PST 2000

Bear wrote:
>Well, cod is an archaic term for bag (and more vulgarly, scrotum) and wallop
>derives from gallop and means to beat, so "beaten bag."  Hmmm, how about
>"codswallop" for "battered haggis?"

Then there's that dish of soaked and cooked salt COD that's BEATEN
with mashed potatoes; i've seen it under several names in several
cultures - the French have brandade de morue, and the Spanish bacalao.

Always seemed like a load of codswallop to me...

Anahita
just making a funny, the French recipe sounds pretty good...
cod, potatoes, olive oil, cream, garlic