Sausages (was SC - Feast Report)

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Mon Nov 20 12:37:47 PST 2000

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:31:39 +1000
"Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au> wrote:

<<
<stuff deleted>
At a Coronet event I cooked for last November, I actually tried out several
sausage recipes by placing appropriate amounts of spices (carefully measured
with a fine set of scales) and mixed with enough sausage meat to make 3-4
patties.

When we had selected the tastiest recipes, I handed 3 bags of spices
(dramatically scaled up) to a sausage maker and said: 1st bag into 10Kg of Beef sausages, 2nd Bag into 10kg Pork sausages, etc.  Worked fantastically and cost me almost the same as if I was buy normal ones.
<more stuff deleted>

Have done the same here in Iowa.  Only, didn't have to worry about the salt.  Handed over the prepared packet of seasonings - (with the list of ingredients,  just not the proportions) and specified weights of ground meats it was to be blended with.

Cooked up super!  And we got great compliments.  Just needed cooler space to haul it to the event site.

Kateryn de Develyn