SC - RE: Feast Report -- Son of Feast

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Mon Nov 20 16:25:20 PST 2000

No decisions as to the spring Investiture feast yet.  The event already has
an autocrat, and the hall (with industrial kitchen) has already been booked,
so all I have to do is let our Seneschale know I'd be willing to do it.  I'm
still pretty new to feast cooking, but I've been pretty happy with the
couple I've done so far, and nobody's gone away hungry.

My first impulse is to work from Platina, since I think he's got the most
information on what dishes are best suited to what temperaments.  If anybody
can recommend other works on humoral (am I spelling that right?) theory, I'd
love to know.  I'd like to get as much of this planned out ahead of time as
I can.  If I do go with Platina, then the next thing I want to find is a
service manual that's roughly contemporary.

By the time we'd finished conspiring, I had a team of about eight or nine
people all willing to contribute in various ways:  two knights who are
really keen to do the carving, one laurel who really wants to do the
consultations and several cooks and other "pairs of hands" ready to pitch in
and do whatever needs to be done.  Logistically, there's going to be a lot
of stuff to work out; the menu will only be a tiny portion of that.

So, that being said, I'm open to any hints, suggestions, recommendations or
other tidbits that people are willing to share.  My personal preference is
to work from a single source, next best is multiple sources that are roughly
contemporary.  But if anybody has ever put together a feast like this, I'd
really like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Rose