SC - Lefse etc.

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 20 22:15:50 PST 2000

Selene asked:
> Does anyone have good dated documentation for Scandinavian foodies?  I'm
> specifically looking for lefse [flat bread], lutfisk, rice pudding, but
> anything else would be helpful.
>
> My hubby is running the barony's holiday party, and he themed it
> "Fimbulwinter" to suggest Scandinavian stuff.

Well, perhaps the Florilegium can come to your rescue.

In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Iceland-msg    (56K)  9/11/00    Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.
fd-Norse-msg      (36K)  9/17/99    Norse and Viking food.

In the FOOD section:
stockfish-msg     (81K)  5/26/00    Period preserved fish. Dried, smoked
and
                                       salted fish. Recipes.
  (for comments and directions for lutfisk)
puddings-msg      (58K)  1/ 7/00    Medieval puddings. Recipes. Custards.

In the FOOD-BREADS-CEREALS section:
bread-msg        (161K) 12/13/99    Medieval breads and grains.
breadmaking-msg  (203K)  7/ 7/00    Period bread recipes and re-creations.
  (for a little bit on lefse)

In the NORSE section:
N-drink-trad-art  (18K)  7/31/98    "Norse Drinking Traditions" by
Gunnora
                                       Hallakarva.
Norse-food-art     (8K)  7/26/94    Article on what the Norse ate.

- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net