SC - RE: Feast Report -- Son of Feast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 20 23:28:52 PST 2000

Rose said:
> My first impulse is to work from Platina, since I think he's got the most
> information on what dishes are best suited to what temperaments.  If anybody
> can recommend other works on humoral (am I spelling that right?) theory, I'd
> love to know.  I'd like to get as much of this planned out ahead of time as
> I can.  If I do go with Platina, then the next thing I want to find is a
> service manual that's roughly contemporary.

We have had a few discussions on this list about humoral theory. They've
generally been rather limited, probably because this is a topic that is
not that familar to many modern folks. However, perhaps some of the comments
and referances in this file in the FOOD section of my files might be of
interest:
humorl-theory-msg (22K)  9/ 9/99    Concepts of medieval Humoral Theory.

If you are thinking of using Platina, perhaps these files in the FOOD-BOOKS
section might be of use:
cb-rv-Platina-msg (16K)  4/11/00    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.
Platina-bib        (7K) 11/ 7/00    A bibliography on Bartolomeo Platina
by
                                       Thomas Gloning.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net