SC - sad news-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Nov 24 01:23:36 PST 2000

Greetings weary cooks!

I'm sure that you still have a mess in the kitchen (I do) but I needed to
drop a note about a development in this thing called life.

James got a call yesterday from his dad's doctor. Apparently Dad is quite
ill- yes, it is cancer, and pretty bad. We are taking him to the
university hospital in Portland, where they are going to evaluate
treatment options. Put a crimp in our holiday, but some things are simply
More Important, yes? Anyway, we covet your prayers, kind thoughts, etc. I
will post info as events warrant, but we really won't know anything until
Monday at the earliest. In the meantime, I don't think flooding James'
mailbox would be a good idea, but if you want to send a supportive hello,
I could certainly pass it on.

Thanks, and happy kitchen-cleaning!

'Lainie