SC - OT paid leave and leave earnings

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 25 13:11:32 PST 2000

>Just let us know when, where and how.  We're not absolutely sure about our
>attendance next year.  My lord had surgery on his foot and lost a lot of
>vacation time (you don't collect it while on sick leave),

I used to oversee the timekeeping at y previous job.  I was told to
interpret the UNC/state of NC regulations thusly:  You must be in 'pay
status' to earn leave.   Not having leave to use would put you into 'leave
without pay' status, and possibly, eventually, unemployed status.  But,
being on paid sick/vacation leave maintains you in 'pay status', thus, you
continue to earn leave while on leave.

I say this only, just in case, a careful reading the regs. at his employer
would gain him some leave.  I can't imagine that the state of NC would be
any more generous than the Feds would have required/allowed.  (though there
is always the chance).

Bonne