SC - OT paid leave and leave earnings

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Sat Nov 25 14:41:07 PST 2000

Kiri,

Doesn't the US system require corporations and companies to follow any
Industrial Relations law? Here our govt passes these laws eg. life partners
etc, and the companies have to follow.

On another note my husband got sacked last Monday, and can sue for wrongful
dismissal under the Industrial Relations laws (at least 5 ways!), but
there's not much point because the main ruling is that the person has to be
reinstated, and he was looking for jobs anyway. He goes for a second
interview tomorrow as an IT type manager with a local Brewery - he's passed
the HR management test from hell (only 10% or so who sit it pass), and if he
gets it will be a reenactment hero. Meanwhile he got 4 weeks full pay in
lieu of notice, and a week of holiday pay owing. He will probably try to
start back after the new year (or should I say new Millenium), and get all
those pesky jobs done while he's off! The Robinson house may find itself in
a rather unusual state and not be full of half-finished projects! Can't
wait! At least he won't be bored.

Glenda.