SC - Re: snowing during a feast: extra silly

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 27 08:15:05 PST 2000

Then there was the Twelfth Night in Blacksburg, Virginia...we were all staying
at the Red Lion Inn where the event was held.  It started snowing Friday night
after we got up there, and continued all day Saturday.  By the time we realized
that it was going to be bad (Saturday morning when we got up), they had closed
the only way home...the Interstate.  We wound up being stuck there until Tuesday
when they finally reopened the Interstate (the hotel came very close to running
out of food!).  Even then, we drove home through a second storm and a 5 hour
trip took close to 9 hours.

Yes, oh, the memories.

Requisite food content:  This was the ultimate in periodoid feasts.  Some of the
recipes were medieval, but most were what the hotel assumed to be medieval,
including a lovely salad with tomatoes!

Kiri