SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 27 08:20:21 PST 2000

Yup...actually my lord tried it.  We purchased a turkey frier, which consists of a
kind of tall skinny aluminum pot, a large skewer-type implement to carry the turkey
and a pump to get the oil out after you're done(even had a strainer in it to get out
any non-oil particles).  We visited our local BJ's and purchased a giant, economy-size
container of oil, and Phillip tried it.  I wasn't sure why anyone would want to do
such a thing myself, but was assured that it was excellent...after all Justin said it
was.  I'll tell you truthfully:  it was excellent.  I can't wait for him to try it
again!  It came out moist and well-seasoned, and was thoroughly cooked.  I think it
was this last that I was most afraid of.

Kiri