SC - An example of what Most people think was eaten in Period

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Nov 28 02:58:05 PST 2000

- --------------9C269E06EDE4A1D616CFF358

I agree that it was used in period, but I wonder if it had travelled to
Europe within our period?  And was it used in European cuisine?  I've
never seen any reference to it, but then I'm no expert and certainly
have not studied every single book that's out there.  Anyone know of
such a thing?

Kiri

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> I still feel that the Chinese yard long bean (another non-phaseolus
> variety)
> is another candidate. My reasons for this viewpoint are in the
> Flore-thingy.

- --------------9C269E06EDE4A1D616CFF358

I agree that it was used in period, but I wonder if it had travelled to
Europe within our period?  And was it used in European cuisine?
I've never seen any reference to it, but then I'm no expert and certainly
have not studied every single book that's out there.  Anyone know
of such a thing?
long bean (another non-phaseolus variety)</font>
in the Flore-thingy.</font>

- --------------9C269E06EDE4A1D616CFF358--