SC - Kitchen Authorization

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 11:56:56 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/29/2000 12:18:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LadyPDC at aol.com writes:

> And if such a class were offered, might it not attract and
>  identify some previously unsuspected prospective cooks in our groups?

I really hope I don't come off as snippish as I think I came off in response
to the original post. That said, I personally have experienced 20 years of
SCA feasts and have never gotten sick off of one except for an unfortunate
incident where ingredients weren't identified. Down in this section of
Atlantia we're having trouble getting and keeping Marshals IMO because of the
requirements.

While I realize that we're all growing older and this is becoming an
increasingly litigious society, I'm beginning to think that we might choke on
all the paper meant to cover our butts. Just an observation. Put me in the "I
think that we have enough paperwork as it is" column.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I was against the tide of history,
and I myself wouldn't mind the extra added effort to get a food handler's
license so much as I would mind the closing of one of the chief ways people
get introduced to the society hereabouts. I tell people to wash their hands,
and guess what? They have enough sense to do so. We have always been a hands
on group, why are we continually putting up more hurdles?

Corwyn