SC - flamingo datea/recipe

Thu Nov 30 06:40:49 PST 2000

You need to keep in mind that in Roman times North Africa was still a
grassland and there was a large trade with North Africa, especially in the
importation of grain and animals.  The southern boundry of the Roman Empire
was deep in what is now the Sahara and there was apparently quite a bit of
trade with the interior.  I would hazard the guess that flamingos may have
been more common around the Mediterranean then than they are now simply from
the climatic changes in North Africa,

Bear