SC - Kitchen Authorization

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:34:46 PST 2000

>Magdalena vander Brugghe said:
> > >So, while I would hesitate at the authorization for each individual
>prep
> > >method, I am not sure that requiring an afternoon class in safe food
>prep
> > >would be a bad idea for those who are going to be preparing food for
>our mass
> > >consumption.
> >
> > Heck, I'm willing to teach such a class, whether or not people like the
>certificate
> > idea.
>
>Ok. Another idea for you. Write up an article (or series of articles) on
>this subject and let me put it in the Florilegium.

As I wrote yesterday about offering to do such a class at the "Pre-Pennsic"
event the Baroness is autocrating WHICH WILL INCLUDE TRIAL-BY-FIRE  HINT
HINT ANY WHO LIVE CLOSE ENOUGH BY and I have heard back from her in a flash.
  Yes, says she.  She thinks it a great idea and has asked me to put
together a class in safe food handling, preparation and storage and clean
up.

Now let me go to the flori-thingi and the library and my shelves at home...
As always, any input will be taken into consideration.  The event is next
summer, June I think.

For those of you who may want to find out more about TRIAL-BY-FIRE; the
competition rules and the date of the event, let me know and I will get this
information out to you.

Olwen