SC - Help! To the Queen's Taste

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Thu Nov 30 20:41:58 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 30 Nov 00, , that Jeff Heilveil wrote:

> There is, I hope, a recipe for marzipan in "To the Queen's Taste."  If
> someone could PLEASE email me the original (I don't need the redaction)
> before Friday 2pm CST I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I do not see such a recipe in "To the Queen's Taste".  Do you need
*any* period recipe for marzipan, or does it have to be from a
particular time and place?  There are recipes in such varied
sources as:
"A Daily Exercise for Ladies and Gentlewomen" (English, 1617)
"The Medieval Kitchen" (from Martino, Italian, 15th cent.)
"Libro de Guisados" (Spanish, 1529)
"Libre de totes maneres de confits" (Catalan, 14th cent.)
Digbie (English, 1669)

And I'm sure there are others, especially if you're willing to go post-
period.

Let me know what you need, and I'll send it out.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net