Sweet Potatoes (Long) (was Re: SC - non-member submission - visitor to list)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Nov 1 17:11:28 PST 2000

At 2:58 AM +1100 11/2/00, Lee-Gwen wrote:
> [...]

The post I was responding to, if I remember correctly, was  about
medieval, not about SCA period. Potatoes and sweet potatoes, and for
all I know corn, were probably being eaten in Europe by 1600,
although I think all would have been considered exotic. But not in
the Middle ages.

Those of us in the SCA get into the habit of thinking in terms of
pre-seventeenth century as "period." It's worth being careful not to
talk as if "period" equals "medieval," however, especially outside of
the Society.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/