SC - Maghribi and Andalusian travels

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Nov 2 22:07:53 PST 2000

At 5:53 PM -0800 11/2/00, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

>I found a picture in a catalog of a Metropolitan Museum exhibit and
>the shoes from Mamluk period Egypt were just like some of the shoes
>they still make.

An interesting general idea. As you know, they still use pennanulars.
Look at all the relevant period pictures you can before you go, and
then see what you can find.

Keep an eye out for my rope bed. Someone told me he saw it in a
National Geographic piece on (modern) Afghanistan, with a truck
driver sleeping in it.

Look for someone making jewelery with traditional equipment--then see
if you can find someone selling the equipment in the bazaar.

Tents? Camel hair tents?

You should have fun.
- --
David/Cariadoc