SC - cheese to begin was desserts

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Nov 3 09:49:25 PST 2000

> It's better, I suppose, to present a more correct food than cubes of mild
> cheddar, so home made cheese is a plus in that respect.  But I'm not sure if
> it improves the point of service issue--isn't the beginning of the feast
> still the wrong place, medievally speaking, no matter the sort of cheese?

That's what I thought. Pickled things and radishes and something else (but
not, if I recall, cheese) were mentioend as things that you set out for
visitors in the Domostroi.

More platina question: would he approve of sour, pickled things at the
beginning of the meal? My notion of the humors suggests so, but I don't
have a copy of platina (or rather I do, but it disappeared on the way home
from the evetn I bought it at)
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker