SC - Corn-Early Modern

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Tue Nov 7 18:57:02 PST 2000

Ras wrote:

>Wherever did you get that as the real question? I stated that it was not
>eaten with any regularity not that it was not eaten at all. Perhaps a more
>accurate assessment of the complete post would eliminate some confusion?

Note that I said "the actual question", not "the real question", which isn´t
quite the same thing. Of course I agree that the _real_ question is if maize
was eaten in Europe before 1600. But what I was originally responding to was
your statement "... Europe or the  Mideast which up until W.W.II viewed such
plants as animal fodder." You later said "I should have said MOST of Europe
and the Middle East" which is quite correct.

Nanna