SC - A question of wassail?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 7 22:12:02 PST 2000

Olaf asked:
> > Also, I am going to shoot a medieval dinner at the civic center soon,
> > but it's not put on by the sca, it's done by some local theater group,
> > they are going to serve dinner and the first thing is wassail
> > What is that, my lifestyle editor would like to know.
>
>     I know that it is a beverage for toasting, but I am hoping to get a
> better answer than that.  Anyone want to help get some good information out
> to the public?

Check this file in the BEVERAGES section of my Florilegium for some more
details on wassail and wassail customs:
wassail-msg       (15K) 12/17/99    Spiced cider and ale drinks. Traditions.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris                   Austin, Texas                stefan at texas.net