SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Nov 11 12:56:29 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Muirghen

I am sure that there are those
> who would actually know what to do with a "real" trencher if they were
> presented the opportunity, but I fear the vast majority would be mystified
> and then would hunt down the cook

Why not have it simply announced at Opening Court - or whenever is
appropriate - that the diners will be given trenchers off which to eat and
that, while they were given to the poor in period, the nobles in this hall
are not expected to eat them as they are unpalatable in the extreme to noble
palates?  This way, you get the chance to educate as well feed the populace
(and don't run such a major risk of being taken to task for the hockey
pucks!)

Gwynydd