SC - copyrights

Sat Nov 11 14:33:21 PST 2000

Copyrighted material is copyrighted material and any use of it without the
express permission of the copyright holder is a violation of the law.  The
court permits some copying for personal use and quotations of some passages
for reviews and scholarly purposes under the doctrine of fair use.  In the
case of recipes and other brief items, it usually isn't worth the effort of
a legal action.

However, if you want to be perfectly legal, rewrite the recipe in your own
words, so that it is not a copy of the published work.  It is then your
expression of the dish and you are the holder of the copyright.  Think of it
as a redaction.

Bear