SC - Okay, that was the shortest event I've been to!/long

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 12:35:29 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/12/00 7:37:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

> So.... how was me
Excellent! Everything was on sale about 25-50% off by Sunday. I got some
plans for a viking rope bed, tables, and benches; some great trims no longer
carried by my shops, and made a deal to buy some existing rope beds in the
near future. Ran into Stephen of the Close and found out that our team took
the competition; and he was understanding as to why I had not shown. They
held the competition a little differently than this year in that everyone
brought their dishes in sort of in sequence to a head table in a hall, where
all the teams could see the foods and taste them (last year, the judges went
to the different teams cooking area and tasted). The comments he was later
told was that many of the teams made remarks upon tasting our submissions as
"no **wonder** they won". So, he war rightfully proud. Plus everything was
made with as period a receipe and in a period cooking style at our team,
although that had not been a "requirement".  He had even "ended" the meal
with a period white cake receipe with fruit syrup. I was so proud for them.
So, now this year, the second year of the event here, our barony gets to take
home the winners standard. It is too headless, footless dancing dressed
chickens on a white background. In the upper corner is the Twin Moons
insignia as they won last year, and by Baronial in December we hope to have
the Tir Ysigthr insignia of the boar on it as well. I want to do a chef's hat
for both the team leader and our head cook in baronial colors (blue and gold)
with a plattered boar on the front as a gift for them; and for them to wear
next year. I was so proud for them.

We (my little house of 15 people) decided to hold a big party at home that
night, cooked up all the food we would have eaten at war. Including the
turkey we wanted to deep fry. We were joined later by friends who couldn't
make it to war and we all stayed up late and reveled in being alive and
toghether. We rented "Final Destination" and watched it on VCR. Decided we
wanted to see someone else who had a worse trip than us. Could also have
rented "Planes, Tranes and Automobiles", but couldn't find that.

Life can be good.

Lars