SC - more medieval food myths!

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu Nov 16 05:55:53 PST 2000

I got this piece of drivel in my inbox today and thought that the Cooks'
List might also like to howl in pain at it!

"Long gone are the medieval days when people ripped into roasted birds with
bare hands. These days we rely on the more civilized method of carving the
holiday gobbler with a knife, a tricky skill to master. Don't be a chicken!
You'll impress holiday guests with your blade-wielding prowess if you follow
this step-by-step guide to tackling the turkey."

From:
eTour's Hot Thanksgiving Site:
Tackling the Turkey

*sigh*  So now, there were not only "no knives at table", but cooks and
servers didn't have them either!   I am surprised that they even cooked the
bloody bird ....

Gwynydd (the exasperated.  As well as this, a friend replied to my comment
that I was becoming an authenticity mavin where food is concerned "well,
that is okay as long as you tweak the recipes to make them palatable.")