SC - Cool term!

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Nov 19 04:14:50 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: A'adeema

<<<< Grief!  I didn't mean to start a spelling bee!  The term has always
been spelt Codswhallop here.  It could be a wierd language varient,
or the way we say it in Australia, I don't really know.  I've used it
for years and have never once been corrected on the spelling there of.
Stay froopy! >>>>

Umm, I would argue with you on this one (what, Gwynydd arguing a minor point
of spelling/grammar - nah, must be dreaming! *grin*).  I considered your
spelling to be wrong (I was just too polite to say anything :p).

The Macquarie dictionary, BTW, also gives the spelling "codswallop".

Gwynydd (the pedant)