SC - scented air

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:39:46 PST 2000

> > > quality, all natural smells, it is difficult because of
> > > allergies and sensitivities.  Woods seem to be a bit easier,
> > > like cedar or pine.
> > You have to be careful with those as well, I know that with
> > myself, for example, cedar and pine will make my life miserable
> > with rashes and other allergic reactions. I used to think it wasn't
> > a common allergy, but it seems fairly non-rare.
>
> Um, Cadoc, I thought you said you only had the allergic reaction to
> contact with the resin? (I did know someone who was deathly allergic to
> the substances given off by _cut_ pine trees into the air. He never left
> his house in December!

I can get by with the trees in december so long as I don't touch them,
the pollen gives me sinus troubles, and a lot of the incense and oils
use the resin as a key ingredient.  The artificial ones really suck becuase
they are 1000's of times more concentrated and have just the part I
seem allergic to.  Also my allergy varies by species too, I'm more
allergic to heavy resinous pines (yellow) and less to lighter ones (white).

Cadoc