SC - Passage East III - Part 1

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 21 22:34:53 PST 2000

 Every time you turned around, he was underfoot.

> Did you tell him that smoking in a food-service kitchen is a violation
> of almost everybody's public health codes? Or was it not lit, in which
> case it was merely rude?
>
> Adamantius

Um....  Adamantius, I realize you probably meant this as a safety valve
comment (ah, yes.  If I had only said ...) but I certainly hope that no one
ever actually makes it under similar conditions.  As the daughter of a VFW
former Commander, I can tell you that when some young "snip" (young and snip
being relative terms, depending on the age of the person being spoken to)
makes a comment like that to a man who has been married for 42 years to the
same woman, they had best be prepared to pack their stuff and get out.  The
VFW has no obligation to let outsiders use their halls, and don't cater to
the concept of "brotherly love" the way many churches do.  It may also be
that they have had bad experiences with other groups of (relatively) young
people.

Hopefully, John's tact and suffering fools in silence and willingness to
clean up a mess not of his making has convinced this particular Commander
Charming, that the SCA is a responsible group that can be trusted not to
steal the silver, and clean up after themselves.

Regina Romsey
Whose parents were both VFW and Odd Fellows, which made getting them into
costume and observing ceremonies dead easy.