SC - OT: Black Turkey

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 21:22:18 PST 2000

Was very good!  I suspected a Benchley hoax, but it was very tasty, and the test
munchers reacted with as much gusto as advertised.  The changes I will make next
time include about twice as much egg yolk "paint", an additional apple and maybe
some hazelnuts in the stuffing, but that's about it.  Tegan the Dog was grateful
for the blackened skin, which we humans didn't like much, and for the played-out
gizzard.  The next time I do this will be in about two weeks.

I'm thinking that Thompson didn't count on folks like us with professional
kitchen sized bowls, perhaps?  The flavors of dry spices and other non-liquid
ingredients don't really "meld" chemically in the short amount of time given
here.  My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Selene