SC - OOP pie crust question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 18:01:36 PST 2000

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> In general, when not making specific recipes, I
> usually use a 3-2-1 (ratio
> of flour, fat, cold water) pie dough.  This may or
> may not have a pinch of
> salt added.  I've grown fond of a 50-50 mix of
> Crisco and butter for the
> fat, but the recipe works with almost any kind of
> solid shortening.  I am
> also willing to admit I am not the great pie baker.
> My hands are too hot to
> properly work the dough, but I get by.

????  Tell me more about this!  I have always had
problems with pie crust and I, too, have hot hands.  I
always thought that I was just inept with pie crust.
Why should hot hands be a problem with pie crust?

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.