SC - Thanksgiving Dinner

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Mon Nov 27 18:46:05 PST 2000

At 10:08 AM 11/27/00 -0600, you wrote:
>On another note. Is anyone interested in starting our yearly "What I
>had for Thanksgiving dinner" thread?

Although I had 4 invitations to turkey dinners, I decided to stay home and
spend a quiet day.  I had a friend over for dinner.  I followed the KISS
principle, as I didn't want to do a lot of work, or have a lot of cleanup.
So, I roasted a ham and glazed it with honey during the last 30 minutes of
cooking. I baked sweet potatoes in their skins, made a wonderful corn
casserole and English peas.  No dessert. I'd planned to make Angelfood cake
with strawberry sauce, but didn't get around to it. I had a most wonderful
day. I'm diabetic and have the hardest time refusing to eat sweets.  My
friend was disappointed that I didn't make candied sweet potatoes. But,
all-in-all, I felt much better the next day since I didn't indulge my sweet
tooth.

Corn Casserole

1 8 oz pkg yellow corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted
2 14 - 16 oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
1 14 - 16 oz can cream style corn
8 oz sour cream
2 tbsp. sugar

Mix all together and pour into a buttered 10=inch round casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until browned.

Leanna