what we had for T-day, was Re: SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 06:07:08 PST 2000

Hi all.  Just wanted to tell you about how great crab meat stuffing is.  The
flavor of the crab spread through the turkey and was the most interesting
taste.  I made the stuffing thus;  2 lbs. crab claw meat,
1 cup toasted bread cubes, 1 stalk celery, 1 egg, 1/4 cup pecan bits, 3/4
cup sweet onion, fresh parsley, Old Bay seasoning.

Aside from my turkey, we had one smoked turkey and one standard turkey.
This year, probably because Chirhart did so many deep fried turkeys for
WalMart, we did not have a deep fried one for T-day.  We did have 13 pumpkin
pies including the one that is 5 inches deep and 2 feet across.  The pumpkin
gods were good this year and we shall have pumpkin-lots-o-things for the
entire winter season.

Only about half our household made it this year.  Too bad.  So many of us
live in different parts of the country and now school schedules have changed
to make it impossible for some of them to come.  But any time spent with any
of our household is a good time.

peace
Olwen