SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 19:55:52 PST 2000

- --part1_c5.b825cb3.2755d848_boundary

In a message dated 11/28/00 8:49:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tsersen at nni.com writes:

> Does anybody in Southeast PA have a turkey fryer I could borrow?  Sounds
> like they're expensive, and I want to know if I like the process and
> results before I put out the money.  Plus, with only two of us here,
> I've rarely a need to cook a whole turkey...
>
> Thanks!

Home Depot is currently offering the whole she-bang for $59. It comes with
the propane burner (I think it said 130,000 btu--wow), the big stainless
steel pot (and it is a heavy sucker, not like the aluminum pot I first tried
this in. What a mess), the rack for the turkey to be lowered in, and the
strainer. All you would need is a propane tank. I understand it cooks the
whole turkey in 3 minutes. Takes 3 gallons of oil.

You could always use the pot for other things (lots of chili comes to mind),
and I suppose the burner for something, too. So, wouldn't be a waste if you
decided that cooking turkey this way is not for you.

My only question is: What do you do with 3 gallons of oil after?

Lars

- --part1_c5.b825cb3.2755d848_boundary