SC - OOP Re: what we had for T-day

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:57:38 PST 2000

> > I bought a frozen duck at the store when I saw them just before
> > Thanksgiving. I want to try the Welsh salt duck given in the Welsh
> > cookbook described here previously. >
> > The store also had frozen geese. But at $2.99 per pound, I wasn't sure

>I've never had goose, though occasionally I eye the ones in the
>poultry case.  Maybe someday...

OK, I don't remember a Welsh cookbook.  Can you please tell me the name and
where I may find it??

As for geese, they are ok.  They can dry out fast even though they are like
duck in the fat storage arena.  Cut off the long tips of the wings, same as
on duck. I cook mine suspended on a rack, I have a pan of water under them,
same as duck, but near the end I place a clean linen on it and keep it
saturated with broth.

Olwen