SC - Kitchen Authorization

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Wed Nov 29 15:06:04 PST 2000

Having helped in kitchens all over Artemisia the past 13 years plus, I still
have to shudder when I remember the Coronet Lists in Silver Keep many years
ago where the autocrat had been given live geese.  She got someone to kill
them for her but neglected to clean them for THREE days.  I found this out
while trying to thaw a solid mass of frozen fish filets on a woodstove.  I
took my concerns to the other cooks (the feastocrat was a newbie of 18, a
college freshman who really didn't know anything about cooking from raw
foodstuffs -- just prepared foods) and then to the Coronet who told me to
serve them anyway.  I made sure my group didn't touch them and that was the
only case of food poisoning I have ever heard of.  I did my best but no one
would listen and I had only been playing for 2 years.

Raoghnailt