SC - Kitchen Authorization

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 29 23:29:48 PST 2000

Olwen asked:
> In our faire Barony, our "lame duck" Baroness is going to be autocrating a
> new event (that, by the way, will include "TRIAL BY FIRE") and will be
> offering several classes on "How to survive Pennsic".  I have gone with the
> idea and have suggested to her that I may be willing to give a safe food
> handling and storage class.  I shall probably hear back from her on the
> morrow.  She has asked me to assist with a class for dealing with handicaps
> while camping.  (Yes, Serifan and anyone else, any input would be nice)

Perhaps some of the files in the HANDICAPS section of my files might
be of use to you or as a referance for your class members:
eyeglasses-msg    (52K)  1/11/00    Period eyewear. Making replicas.
handicaps-msg     (68K)  6/15/98    Handicaps in the SCA and period,
hiding
                                      wheelchairs, SCA sign language.
SCA-SL-art        (14K)  9/ 8/94    SCA specific sign language.
sign-lang-msg      (9K)  9/19/95    Sign language in the SCA and in period.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net