SC - flamingo datea/recipe

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 05:54:48 PST 2000

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, as of course were talking
centuries, and things change, but according to a Flamingo page I've stumbled
upon

". The lesser flamingo is primarily an African species. Populations are found
in eastern, southwestern, and western Africa. Also, a sizable population
nests in India. Stragglers can be found as far north as southern Spain."

So I suppose if it's taken as a given they had a similar range in period...
they could have been in Italy. The site is
http://www.seaworld.org/Flamingos/fhabitat.html  .

There's a picture at http://www.raydoan.com/18051501.asp .

Given that they aren't as a rule migratory and therefore stay in a limited
range, and also given that our Roman cousins seemed to like interesting (to
say the least) dishes, there might NOT be any Roman flamingos left today.

Now of course, we just have to find the recipes.

Corwyn