SC - I am not sure where else to try so...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Nov 30 09:02:02 PST 2000

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Just one question here...How exactly do you FIGHT with a flamingo stuck on
> the point of your rapier??

A good friend of our who is a member of the rapier community used a stuffed pink flamingo
that I found in a catalog as the buckler/whatever you want to call it in the other hand.
It was done as a joke, but seemed to work quite well.  The flamingo, as I recall, was
about 2 1/2 feet tall, and had a cotton/canvas covering rather than pink fuzzy stuff as
I've seen on other stuffed flamingoes.

Kiri