SC - Re: Turkey

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 12:31:27 PST 2000

>Another hint. For better carving I've found that removing
>the breast intact and then carving seperately makes for
>much prettier slices and easier carving.

Yep, slicing across the grain, instead of with it as most people do when the
breast is still on the bird.  You get very nice slices, the ones at the
larger end are EXACTLY the right size for sandwiches.

I no longer bring the whole bird to the table.  I slice half the bird and
bring a nice, lightweight passable platter of easy to serve yourself slices.
  Halfway round are nice slices of whitemeat, the rest of the way round is
nice slices of dark meat, and the middle is a mound of stuffing.  Pretty to
look at and the process allows me to control what parts are served and what
parts are leftover.

bonne