SC - I am not sure where else to try so...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 30 22:42:11 PST 2000

Olwen, the curious [yellow...uh, pink?] asked:
> >Shucks I could actually use a Flamingo in a fight... Rapier/Flamingo.I
> >just need some documentation...
>
> Just one question here...How exactly do you FIGHT with a flamingo stuck on
> the point of your rapier??

Probably as an offhand parrying weapon. There have been some occasional,
real oddball ones in Ansteorra and elsewhere. About all I've tried is
a three foot foam rubber fish. For some more interesting/funny things
that have been used as SCA boffer weapons, check this file in the
COMBAT-RAPIER section of my files:
SPD-msg           (14K) 12/ 6/95    Silly Parrying Devices for SCA
rapier combat

For the cooks out there who fight rapier, how about a spoon or rubber chicken?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net