SC - RE: Iron Chef Competition - long

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 20:10:31 PST 2000

- --part1_cb.acd23c9.27324337_boundary

In a message dated 11/1/00 1:04:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

> All righty then Ras, I turn it back on you.  How would =you= do this?
> Is there a period citation about a cooking competition?
>
> Selene

Not that I know of. That's the rub. My post was meant to convey a disdain at
surrounding ourselves with the familiar (e.g., modern) at events. I really
see no need for such as approach. The Siege cooking contests which were for a
brief time popular would be far more acceptable as a competition at events
than the populist iron chef absurdities. What is next? Perhaps a housewifery
competition based on Martha Stewart? :-)

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_cb.acd23c9.27324337_boundary