SC - Scottish oatcakes

Elysant1 at aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 10:14:01 PST 2000

- --part1_51.2ebd4ab.273308e9_boundary

In a message dated 11/2/00 2:19:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SCAbeathog at cs.com writes:

> So, what is it commonly used for in Britain?

I've seen it used for various things...  put at the bottom of the bowl in a
Steamed Syrup pudding before cooking it, used warm as a sauce over a steamed
pudding, stirred into porridge, used in "coconut tarts" (basically a
shortcrust pastry shell with shredded coconut, syrup, a little cinnamon, and
bake it).   Also I wouldn't rule it out as an ingredient in some of the
heavier fruit cakes although unfortunately I don't have a specific recipe to
hand to back that :-(

Elysant

- --part1_51.2ebd4ab.273308e9_boundary