SC - Addendum on Rice Pudding

Wed Nov 8 13:02:19 PST 2000

When I posted Gervase Markham's recipe for Rice Pudding, which I used in the
Protectorate Feast, I translated "farms" as "molds" in keeping with the
sources I was using.  I have since obtained a copy of The English Housewife
editted by Michael Best.

In this edition, Best translates "farms" or "farmes" as being the cleaned
intestines used as sausage casings.  In the context of the other pudding
recipes in the book, Best's definition appears to be correct.  He also
provides a note that this particular definition is not found in the OED.

Bear