SC - OT-update on 12th century sources

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 9 22:23:03 PST 2000

Lainie said:
> Been working on the bibliography. So far there's *38 pages* in Word, and
> that is not counting the stuff I have In The Basement. I hope to get the
> info on it this coming weekend. I am tentatively planning (after the
> last of the entries are in, prolly early next week) to divide the
> bibliography into the massive full version (including things like
> citations for the official Chronicles, the Pipe Rolls, and such), and a
> shorter basic, 'highlights' version. Constructive ideas are appreciated,
> of course.

Whomph. That's quite a lot. I really think that that is too much to use
in one big block. I really would recommend breaking that down into some
smaller bibliographies. Maybe one on the 12th century in general and
then ones by region or one for raw fact sources such as the Chronicles or
the Pipe Rolls (not sure what these are exactly). Or seperate ones for
clothing or agriculture or whatever.

In the Florilegium that is where I generally start looking at breaking
off a seperate file or a volume 2 version. Roughly around 100k, originally
decided upon because that is about 35 pages or what a standard stapler
would handle since at one time I distributed my files in paper form.

You *own* copies of all these referanced books??? Or do you mean you
have more bibliographies down in the basement.

I really appreciate the work you are putting into this. I'm looking forward
to getting a copy of this for my own persona studies as well as adding
such a useful piece of work to the Florilegium.

> And you know what? I HATE WORD. Much prefer Word Perfect, but Word is
> easier to send electronically. Bother, says 'Lainie-Pooh.

Yes and I recommend sending it in RTF instead of the native format
when possible to avoid problems with the special characters and version
problems. This is why the Florilegium formats are HTML, text and RTF,
not HTML, text and Word 5.x or whatever.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris                   Austin, Texas                stefan at texas.net