SC - Okay, that was the shortest event I've been to!/long

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Nov 12 13:28:03 PST 2000

Wow...such fortitude!

Were you using nylon tents with floors? It sort of sounds like it.
If I might make a suggestion...Get a tent without a floor, and I know
togetherness is nice, but army cots are great for keeping you high and
dry [just not good for snuggling;-( ] A lot of people are going to a
style of modern tent called an ez-up, where teh top is attatched to a
frame, and it sort of telescopes and expands up in about 2-5 minutes.
You stake it down thoroughly and add walls, and it can look quite
period. It is great for going up fast and easy in the dark, and in
really nasty weather.

food content - have the first nights dinner stuff that you can take like
premix salad, storebought italian bread, already cooked and ziplocked
stew, or precooked pasta with jars of sauce and cans of
parmesan...things that can go together really fast and quick. pack the
stuff separately from the rest of the food so you can find it and it
doesnt get lost inthe shuffle. I have a milk crate of things like dry
camper soup and food that you just add boiling water to, and powdered
beverage mixes [hot cocoa and spiced cider] as well as tea bags of
various types and [ick] instant coffee for the really hard core types. I
tend to leave this in the van with an ex military messkit and messkit
stove with triox fuel and a waterproof container of matches for winter
strandings.
margali

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html