SC - pork sauces/glazes

Tue Nov 14 11:40:49 PST 2000

I've got a couple conflicting sources.  One says Columbus introduced the
pineapple to Europe in 1493.  The other says the pineapple was imported from
Brazil in 1517.

If the first is the case, there should be some entry in Columbuses diary.

In any case, I don't think we have any information on the consumption of
pineapples in Europe before 1600.

Bear