SC - Cool term!

Medea thecheshirecat at bigpond.com
Sun Nov 19 14:19:40 PST 2000

>Umm, I would argue with you on this one (what, Gwynydd arguing a minor point
>of spelling/grammar - nah, must be dreaming! *grin*).  I considered your
>spelling to be wrong (I was just too polite to say anything :p).

Okay people.  I admit I can't spell perfectly.  I never really got
the hang of it at school.  I can't recite all the grammar rules like
a good student should.  There, you all happy now?  I was obviously in
the wrong, what with everyone discussing the spelling and all the
dictionaries.  Mind you.  If it's truly the wrong spelling, and
Gwynydd was too polite to mention it, there are a lot of awfully rude
people here.

I got the point people.  You have argued the fact till it's dropped
from exhaustion.  Let it alone now.  You have all made me feel bad.
If you had a problem with my spelling, you could have talked
privately,  but a huge discussion of it on list only succeeds in
making me (apparently the original perpetrator of the mistake) to
feel worse, and after the weekend I've just been through in the name
of SCA, I'm honestly fed up with the whole thing.  I get enough grief
as a Seneschal and so many personal problems at the moment that
honestly makes you consider packing it all in to just smile and
accept public humiliation as well.  I never meant to start arguments
about spelling.  I was much more interested in the piece of garbage
that was originally being talked about.  You can argue the point as
long as you wish, but from now on, you can do it without me.
This may seem like a rant to most of you, and sure enough it is.  But
I've had enough from a lot of people in the SCA pulling me apart, and
the fact that so many people here are quite happy to discuss
someone's spelling mistake without any though for what they are
making the person feel like is enough to make me seriously doubt that
the SCA, at least in my little circle, will ever be the nice place it
used to be.
I'm sure this post will result in a whole lot of cries of outrage
from a lot of bruised egos, but at the moment, I really couldn't give
a damn.
- -A'adeema