SC - Lefse etc.

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Nov 20 15:17:38 PST 2000

At 11:09 AM -0800 11/20/00, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>Does anyone have good dated documentation for Scandinavian foodies?

I think Thora Sharptooth (her mundane last name is Priest-Dorman) has
a good deal of information on the subject; you should be able to find
her web page pretty easily. So far as I know there aren't any period
Scandinavian cookbooks, unless you count the one from an Icelandic
Medical Miscellany and it's sister manuscripts. But you probably
shouldn't count them since they are apparently daughter manuscripts
of a lost southern European original. At least, that is what Grewe
concluded from his study of them.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law