SC - Lobster Races-OP

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Nov 20 21:45:43 PST 2000

What is it about Pennsic and Lobster?  We have a tradition now that on a
certain young man's birthday, we have lobster for whoever wants to join
in in the camp.  Since his natal day is during the first week, that cuts
the crowd down somewhat ;)  For the last two years, I have then made
lobster bisque out of the shells, and it is greatly received by all.  The
looks on people's faces when you say you had dinner in camp and were
eating lobster bisque, it is quite priceless!
Christianna

> Clan Ravenstar holds an annual Lobster Race at Mountain
> Confederation most  years at Pennsic. Although the format has varied a
couple of times, the usual  procedure is to put the kettle on to boil,
get dressed in your  finest court  garb and have at it.